I have a column of data in a cell and I need to put a : at the end of each item
1. Select the entire column.
2. Press CTRL+H to bring up the Replace dialog box.
3. Click into the "Find what" field and type CTRL+J (it will not look like anything happened, but you put a Line Feed character into the cell by doing that).
4. Click into the "Replace with" field and type a semi-colon followed by CTRL+J (the field will look like it only has a semi-colon in it, but actually it has a semi-colon followed by a Line Feed character in it).
5. Click the "Replace All" button.
6. Check the column of data to make sure the semi-colons were inserted.